Modifying Child Custody in Thousand Oaks

Child Custody Lawyer for Modifications in Westlake Village

During the life of a child custody arrangement between two parents, circumstances can change. This means that it may be necessary to revisit the terms of the parties' custody order. The process of requesting a modification may be difficult if one parent is against the idea, or extremely simple if the desire to modify the arrangement is mutual. The Thousand Oaks & Westlake Village family law attorneys at Richard Ross Associates have handled hundreds of child custody agreements over our 30 years in practice.

If you need to change the terms of your custody order due to non-compliance of the other parent, or circumstances have changed and an amicable agreement is not possible, a motion or petition to modify must be filed with the court. There are several factors to present in a pleading in order to successfully move the court to modify an existing agreement, and the most important factor in the case will be that the modification will be in the best interests of the children.

Limitations on physical custody which were put in place may be lifted if the reasons for those limitations have been eliminated. If you are seeking to limit the other parent's physical custody or their legal custody rights, we highly recommend and urge you to consult with a knowledgeable and experienced Thousand Oaks child custody attorney. The courts do not easily agree to limiting time with one parent or another, as the state's intentions are always to foster a relationship with both parents and their children.

Doing What's Right for You and Your Children

Call our offices today and schedule an appointment where we can discuss your situation in detail and assess your best options under the circumstances. We are dedicated to helping parents stay in contact with their children, when it is in the best interests of the children. We also understand that you know your children better than anyone else. We will always strive to help you do what's best for your children and achieve an arrangement that fits their needs as well as yours. Contact us today to learn more about your options.