Move-Away Cases in Thousand Oaks

Relocating with Children

Divorces involving children are much more complex than those without children. Even after a divorce has already been finalized, and issues such as child custody and child support have been determined, issues may still arise. This is particularly true in move-away cases, where a custodial parent desires or has the need to relocate to a distant location and take their child with them.

This can be a problem when the noncustodial parent still has visitation rights and the relocation affects their court-ordered right to visit their child. If you are facing the difficult and sensitive situation of a move-away case, speak with a Westlake Village divorce attorney as soon as possible to discuss your options. The relocation could be necessary due to loss of income or an inability to afford the current location, or it could be to pursue a new job opportunity or to be nearer to family members.

Parents who are seeking to relocate may be able to obtain a court order modification to alter the noncustodial parent's visitation order to accommodate the move. On the other hand, a noncustodial parent may need to fight a modification and prevent the other parent from relocating and harming the other parent's relationship with their child. Speak with an attorney from Richard Ross Associates in any of these situations for the legal assistance you need.

Retain a Westlake Village Divorce Lawyer

Need an attorney to represent your move-away case in Westlake Village, CA? Richard Ross Associates is more than qualified to help you fight for a court order modification, or to fight against one if it will be detrimental to your interests and to the best interests of the child or children involved. Attorney Ross has practiced law for over 30 years and is a certified specialist in family law. Our Westlake Village and Thousand Oaks divorce attorneys serve all of Ventura County. Contact our firm today for the experienced and effective legal representation you need in a move-away case.