As the founder of Richard Ross Associates, Richard Ross offers legal representation mostly in Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties dealing with issues of family law, including divorce and custody. Richard Ross has years of experience working with complex, difficult family law matters that have prepared him to handle complicated matters such as move away and interstate custody cases.
Admitted as an attorney to the State Bar of California in 1979, Richard Ross draws from over forty years of legal experience. In 2002, Richard Ross, further his expertise in the family law and became a Family Law Specialist, as certified by the California Board of Legal Specialization.
With a background in psychology and interpersonal relations, Mr. Ross' area of practice has naturally evolved to the family law arena. Over the course of his career, his in-depth experience encompasses a wide range of legal disciplines, including civil, criminal, business, bankruptcy litigation, personal injury, worker's compensation, corporate law, and real property law.
- California State Courts (1979)
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, California Bar Board of Legal Specialization, 2002
- San Fernando Valley College of Law (1978)
- Juris Doctorate
- American Jurisprudence Award in Evidence
- University of California at Los Angeles (1973)
- Big News for Solo & Small Firms I Want to Move Back Home - Can I Take My Children With Me, 2016
- Solo and Small Firm Section - Ruling Affects Separating Couples Still Under the Same Roof, 2016
Honors and Awards
- Recognized by Los Angeles Daily News Readers' Choice Awards - Best Family Law Firm, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Recognized by Ventura County Star Readers’ Choice Award – Best Law Firm East County, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Nominated by Los Angeles Business Journal as "Leaders in Law" Award, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Ventura County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialist