Getting a Move Away Order for Child Custody in California

In family law, a custodial parent who wishes to move to another state can save themselves a lot of hassle and aggravation by seeking a move away order. Child custody in California allows a custodial parent to seek permission from the court in the event they plan to move away. This protects all the parties including the child, the noncustodial parent and the custodian.

Whereas a custodial parent may have a better job prospect or a chance to provide a better education for the child if they move out of state, the noncustodial parent can feel left out of their child's life. The best option is for the parents to come to a custody agreement prior to their court date. This might involve changing weekly visitation to summers and holidays when the child is out of school and capable of traveling. As long as the parents can come to an amenable solution for the well-being of their child, a judge will tend to favor the requests of the parents. Otherwise the judge will intervene and demm the court's best decision for the child regardless of the parents' desires.

If you are seeking information regarding family law or a move away order, contact a divorce attorney at Richard Ross Associates. Located in the Southern California area with offices in Westlake Village, Woodland Hills and Oxnard, Richard Ross Associates is skilled in family law and divorce proceedings.

Related Posts
  • How to Reply to Abusive Emails from Your Spouse During or After Divorce Read More
  • What Do I Do If My Ex-Spouse Smokes Marijuana Around Our Child? Read More
  • Disparaging Remarks from the Other Parent After Divorce: How to Stop Them Read More